These Glitter Bats are so fun to make and they are so adorable, if you are making these with your kids I do want to tell you it can get a bit messy (with the glue and glitter) but otherwise it is a fun project for you and your young ones!
Best of all this project will only cost $5.00!
What You'll Need:
• Foam Craft Balls
• Plastic Sandwich Bags
• Craft Glue
• Paint Brush
• Glitter in Various Colors
• Black Plastic Plates
• Googly Eyes
• Thread or Fishing Wire
• Crafting U-Pins
*All items italicized are item you probably already have around your own home.
*All items underlined are optional
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
1. Put glitter colors into separate plastic sandwich bags.
2. Using a paint brush, cover a foam craft ball with craft glue
and drop it into a bag of glitter. Shake the ball around until it’s
covered with glitter, then remove it from the bag and set aside
to dry. Repeat these steps with each foam craft ball.
3. Using the patterns to the right as stencils, trace the wing shapes
onto black plastic plates and cut them out.
4. When the glittery foam balls are dry, stick a bat wing into each
side, pressing firmly to make sure they’re secure in the foam.
5. Glue two googly eyes onto each bat.
6. Using thread or fishing wire, tie a loop for hanging and attach it to the foam bat ornament using craft U-pins.
I did mine a little differently but both ways are acceptable. I painted all my bats black and then just sprinkled some of the colored glitter on top of them while they were at the point where they were still not quite dry. (I found for our purpose of DIY Under $5 that it just wasn't possible for the amount of glitter that was given. To follow the Dollar Tree steps I would recommend maybe buying 2 or 3 bottle of glitter depending on how may bats you want to make) then I followed the directions up until step three, I used black construction paper I had around my house for the bat wings. To apply I folded the edge of the paper and glued that to the bat.
Here is also link for those of you how would like to have a print out of the directions - it will take you to the Dollar Tree site where you can print out a PDF!
-The Crafty Witch