Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Make Your Own Altar Pentacle


AltarPentacle_1500.JPG - Image by Patti Wigington 2007
This altar pentacle is easy to make using a simple wooden circle and a woodburning pen.


The pentacle is one of the most commonly used magical tools in the Wiccan religion, as well as in some traditions of Paganism. Typically, it is used on the altar as a place to hold items that are about to be ritually consecrated or charged. In some traditions, the pent represents the element of Earth.
 
There are many absolutely beautiful pentacles available commercially, made of wood, tile, metal, ceramic, and just about every other type of material. If you're operating on a budget, however, or if you just like the idea of handcrafting your own magical tools, it's not hard to make a pentacle of your own.

You'll need a wooden disc in the size of your choice, available at nearly any hardware or craft store.

The one in the photo is a 7" circle, and cost less than $3.00. You'll also need to decide whether you want to paint your pentacle pattern, or burn it into the wood. The one in the photo is burned on, using a woodburning pen that I bought for $2.00 at a craft store. Finally, you'll need some clear polyeurethane and a brush.

First, print out the image of the pentacle above, in black and white. Use a copy machine with resizing capabilities to either enlarge or shrink the image, depending on the size of your wooden disc. Once you have it the size you want, place it on top of the wooden disc.

Using a pencil, trace over the outline of the pattern, pressing down so that you make an indentation in the wood. Once the design is indented, use the pencil to go back over the indents, making a complete penciled pattern on the wood.

If you're painting, use your paints to go over the pencil lines. If you're using a woodburning pen, carefully trace over the lines -- depending on how experienced you are with woodburning, it may take a couple of hours.

When you're done, brush a few coats of polyeurethane over the design to give it some shine and to protect it from wear. If you like, use a small drill bit to make a hole in the center for incense sticks. Finally, if you're concerned that your pent might scratch your altar top, cut out a circle of felt the same size as the wooden disc, and glue it to the bottom of the wood.

Use your pentacle on your altar to consecrate ritual items, to bless or charge talismans, or to represent the element of Earth. Alternately, you could attach a hook to the back and hang it on your wall.

Reblogged by
By Patti Wigington
Paganism/Wicca Expert

3 comments:

  1. Hello my name is Lauren i'm from USA i want to testify of a great and powerful spell caster my husband left me and the kids for 2 weeks when i called him he didn't pick up when he came back home the 3rd week he told me he wanted a divorce i was so sad i cried all night he left again i was so lonely the next day i was searching for something online when i found a spell caster called Priest Ade who have helped so many people with their problems so i contacted him with my problems he told me it will take 24hrs and my husband will be back to me i did every thing he told me to do and the next day my husband came back kneeling and begging he canceled the divorce we are now happy together Priest Ade can help you too Email him at

    ancientspiritspellcast@yahoo.com or ancientspiritspellcast@gmail.com

    https://ancientspiritspellcast12.wordpress.com

    Website http://ancientspiritspellcast.website2.me

    WhatsApp +2347059715465 .

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend broke up with me 2 months ago, because he felt i was cheating on him with a male friend of mine, i tried all i could to explain to him but he paid deaf ears, i was emotionally devastated because i really loved him until i saw a post on the internet about Dr osofo, who helps people gain back their lost lover, at first i doubted if it was real because i never believed in such things but i decided to give him a try,I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a Love spell for me, he restored my relationship within 48 hours and my boyfriend was calling and begging to make up with me again, if you need help to repair your relationship or marriage problem. Here’s his contact, call/WhatsApp him on: +2349065749952, Emai   hi        ( osofo.48hoursolutioncenter@gmail.com )   

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get your husband or Boyfriend back from the other woman After Divorce or Break Up..Even If Your Situation Seems Hopeless.. I just got my husband back through the help of genuine love spell caster dr Jumba.  i am from Tx,USA. My husband left me for another woman, This was just 3 years of our marriage. The most painful thing is that I was pregnant with our second baby. I wanted him back. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back , I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster called dr Jumba, and he assured me there was no problem and that everything will be okay before 24 hours. He cast the spell and surprisingly 24 hours later my husband called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened. He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him. That was how we started living together happily again.thanks to dr Jumba . if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Jumba for help now..
    Here his contact..WhatsApp him: +19085174108 ,
    Email him at: wiccalovespelltools@gmail.com

    website : http://drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete